Satellite Week is designed to cultivate a long-term interest in STEM by providing engaging, hands-on remote sensing educational opportunities for underrepresented high school students. Students will get to learn about satellites and remote sensing during a week-long overnight camp on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Asheville, Asheville’s Museum of Science, and NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information.
Destination Space inspires and empowers students to become the next generation of STEM leaders.
- Learn about remote sensing and applications
- Learn about satellite sensors and electrical engineering
- Create your own CricketSat
- Get hands-on experience using remote sensing instruments
- Launch your CricketSat on a weather balloon
- Use remote sensing data for an applied project
- Present results to NASA and NOAA mentors
Includes dorm room housing, meal accommodations, transportation during the camp, and camp activities.
*Financial Assistance is available for those that qualify. In 2018, 84% of our participants received scholarships.